Our client is a North American leader in their field. They are looking for a Distribution Manager for their large DC in the Toronto, ON area.
- Manage all day-to-day operations of warehouse
- Lead, mentor and develop a large team warehousing employees in high volume, fast turning distribution centre
- Oversee all operations for the facility - Inbound and Outbound shipments, logistics and transportation, customer pick ups
- Maintain a safe, clean work environment.
- Plan management regarding labour and staffing, operations and capital needs
- Ensure department is meeting or exceeding company targets for distribution KPIs and Metrics
- Other duties as required
- Post secondary education in related field considered an asset
- 8-10 years experience in a senior leadership role within a similar environment
- Experience managing a large, high-volume distribution center - including hiring, training and managing staff
- Strong problem-solving skills with experience managing KPIs and metrics of a distribution department
- Solid understanding of systems - including WMS
If this role sounds like it could potentially be a fit for the next step in your career, please send us your resume today!