Our Oil & Gas client is the leader in environmental equipment manufacturing and installation. They are currently seeking a Controller based in Calgary, Alberta. The ideal candidate has specific experience with oil and gas services companies in both the private and public environment. They are passionate, driven and eager to join a dynamic, growing and fast paced environment.
- Direct and manage the company’s financial planning including preparation of annual budgets, budget analysis, financial outlooks and financial forecasts
- Develop and maintain accounting policies and systems, including general ledger and financial reporting
- Direct all aspects of accounting operations, overseeing all transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll and financial reporting to meet corporate objectives
- Protect and preserve company assets by establishing, monitoring and enforcing internal controls
- Identify and recommend benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance of divisions
- Manage, monitor and analyze monthly and quarterly operating results against budget
- Prepare and distribute monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and reports
- Ensure financial reporting and filing comply with provincial and federal requirements
- Monitor and keep current with all finance-oriented industry and government regulations
- Build and maintain relationships with financial stakeholders and partners, legal counsel, IT and insurance providers
- Design and maintain effective organizational structure and staffing to accomplish the company’s strategic priorities.
- Establish and implement short and long-term business goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures
- Provide oversight and lead, coach, mentor and evaluate finance and administration team
- Actively participate in setting, implementing and measuring strategic objectives at the executive level
- A bachelor's degree in business administration, economics, commerce or a related field is required
- Professional accounting designation (CA, CMA or CGA) required
- Significant breadth of accounting experience including auditing, budgeting, financial planning and analysis including three years in a senior Finance role
- Strong knowledge and capability with complex, multi-company financial consolidation
- Experience in both the private ownership and public corporate environment preferred
- Ability to lead and motivate teams to produce quality results within tight timeframes
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and work independently
- Detail oriented with demonstrated ability for accuracy.
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Must enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point and Access)
An excellent competitive compensation plan is offered. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you contact Michael van Olm at email@example.com or 403-444-6487.