For over 50 years our client has grown to be the largest building supply company in Canada. They are looking for a Branch Manager accountable for the overall branch operations including customer and employee satisfaction, financial performance, inventory management, operational adherence to policy, growth in market share and general maintenance and appearance of the facility.
- Develop a local market positioning strategy to grow profitable sales and to increase market share.
- Communicate strategy and work with the branch management team and staff to develop the skills and abilities required to achieve Branch performance objectives.
- Oversight of all store and yard operations.
- Review reports and, in conjunction with the Store Manager and/or supervisory team, develop action plans to improve performance including but not limited to, increasing sales margin, managing wage and other expenses, improving delivery efficiency and inventory turns, and revising local marketing strategies and sales initiatives.
- Recruit, select and develop a strong leadership team to assist in the day to day leadership of the Branch and to provide for an effective succession plan.
- Develop annual budget for presentation to the Regional Manager or designate and Finance. Provide factual rationale for recommendations based on history, market and economic conditions and trend analysis.
- Chair management and manager meetings, delegate tasks, initiatives and follow up to ensure completion
- Strong leadership and communication skills in order to gain commitment to sales, financial and operational success.
- A commitment to maintaining standards, a sense of urgency in addressing issues and a passion for increasing sales.
- Commitment and skills to developing subordinates through effective coaching, internal and external training and cross-functional skill development.
- Technical competencies in preparing budgets, reading financial reports and analyzing data.
- A personal commitment to customer service standards.
- The ability to provide day to day leadership by effectively delegating responsibilities and providing consistent follow up.
- A commitment to ensuring a safe working environment for staff and customers and a competent knowledge base of occupational health and safety standards.
- A high energy level is required, as this position is expected to be on the store floor monitoring and directing others.
- Some stress is experienced dealing with day to day issues and balancing multiple priorities.
A competitive compensation plan is offered that includes base salary, bonus, and full benefits. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, either apply on our website or contact Michael van Olm, Senior Consultant, MacDonald Search Group by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or directly at 403-444-6487