PRODUCT GROUP MANAGER
For over 100 years our client (a not-for-profit organization) has had a goal of making the world a safer and better place to live. With well over 3000 standards, codes and related products globally they are the leader in creating a safe place to live for all. The company employees take pride in making a difference in people’s lives through the work that they do.
They are looking for a Product Group Manager located in Edmonton, Alberta. The incumbent will manage the day-to-day delivery of high quality certification and testing services for the Hazardous Location (HazLoc) Product group.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Product Group Manager is responsible for ensuring projects and deliverables within their product group are achieved in alignment with corporate and divisional policies and objectives.
- Supervises approximately 10 - 20 staff.
- Focuses on ensuring costs are at or below estimated targets.
- Schedules, assigns work and controls service delivery output.
- Manages all aspects of the Product Safety Engineers and Tech. work; allocates resources as required; monitors daily productivity, quality of work, regular equipment maintenance, and progress against established goals and targets.
- Determines and initiates actions required to improve service delivery.
- Relied upon to explain standards and certification, inspections and testing processes to staff and customers.
- Apply and explain all relevant Group policies and procedures (e.g. Finance, HR, IT and TI policies).
- Responsible for identifying problems and challenges based on existing factors and determine the best solution from policies, procedures and experience.
- Responsible for maintaining excellent customer relationships through appropriate communication channels, provides proactive solutions for customers and other key stakeholders.
- Respond to general questions; provide technical assistance, resolves issues around scheduling and project completion, tracking deliverables, milestones ETC.
- Provides regular dialogue and mentoring with employees and assists in the growth of employees through training and career development activities. Proactively provides support to team members and peers providing guidance to an optimal solution and/or outcome to support learning and comprehension.
- Consistently manage multiple projects concurrently while maintaining customer on-time and on-budget performance without compromising quality or safety, and maximizing utilization and delivered margin.
- Post-secondary Degree or Diploma in an Electrical Engineering field preferred
- ASET or Professional (Electrical) Engineer designation preferred
- 3-5 years of managerial experience
- Minimum 5 years of certification or equivalent technical experience preferred
- Ability to assess and report on upcoming product trends within the current market group
- Ability to think critically and provide solutions that result in high quality and timely service
- Good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Conflict resolution skills to deal with employee and customer issues
- Ability to communicate effectively with external customers, auditors, QA Managers and technical staff