inventory and food compliance
Food Compliance & Inventory Control Coordinator
Our client has been in the 3PL distribution industry for over 2 decades, and is looking for a Food Compliance and Inventory Coordinator for their team in the Vancouver area.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this role is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the HACCP Program and continuous inventory system by producing and generating various reports and investigating inventory adjustments. This position is a key go to for operations and works with a high level of autonomy.
- Prepare and participate in all third party audits/CFIA (Canadian Food Inspection Agency) and corrective actions
- Participate in internal and external quality and inventory audits and operational reviews.
- Audit facility and processes to ensure managers / employees adhere to HACCP, Quality Assurance programs and Good Distribution Practices (GDP)
- Participate in QA projects with a goal of improved compliance and operational efficiency
- Assist Operations in orienting all employees on quality, regulatory and food safety principles and policies
- Assure inventory accuracy programs are current and maintained
- Conduct inventory cycle counts
- Manage HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) program which includes verification of documents, onsite observations, updates for new products or processes and monthly to yearly reassessment to ensure compliance to regulations
- 5 year Food Safety/Compliance experience, GMP / HACCP experience
- At 2-3 years experience in an Inventory Control Management role is an asset
- Minimum Bachelor Degree and/or Food safety studies
- Excellent English, critical and creative thinking.
- Ability to stay organized with timelines and achieve goals.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, project management, and communication skills necessary; strong service-orientation
- Patient communicator with multiple parties and good follow up skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
If this role sounds like it could potentially be a fit for the next step in your career, please send us your resume!