Our client is and extremely well established business and a leader in their industry, with multiple branches in Canada.
They are looking for a great candidate to run their logistics department in the Vancouver, BC area, overseeing various modes of transportation, with a primary focus on rail and ground / truck transportation.
- Oversee the logistics department and team, with support in multiple modes of transportation - trucking, rail, ocean.
- Management of internal fleet and company trucks
- Negotiation of rates and services with 3PL logistics providers
- Oversight of company owned rail fleet, including rate and service requirements with major rail service providers
- Budget management for department
- Achieve company targets for logistics costs
- Other as required
- 4-6 years in logistics management roles
- Post secondary in Transportation, Supply Chain, Operations or Business
- Excellent knowledge of rail freight and trucking
- National Safety Code knowledge, and understanding of regulations around transportation requirements
- Strong computer skills - Excel and ERP systems
- Great leadership and communication skills
If you feel that you may be a great fit for this position, please send us your resume today!