Provide impactful leadership within a small acccounting team.
- Manage strategy and execution of all accounting and finance activities
- Coach and mentor accounting staff
- Work closely with key stakeholders contributing to organizational success
JOB SUMMARYThis position is responsible for directing financial operations, budget development, risk management, and accounting functions as well as managing relationships with key stakeholders in order to ensure the viability and sustainability of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to strategic planning, policy development and the development and attainment of agency objectives.
- Provide timely, accurate and interpreted financial data to facilitate decision making based on budgeted, actual and projected outcomes.
- Effectively lead and develop the accounting staff.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with the banking community to optimize the agency's position when seeking lending services, insurance, and investment services.
- Develop and recommend strategies for investing capital resources to meet the strategic and financial goals of the agency.
- Monitor cash flow to ensure adequate cash balances are on hand and manage short-term financing as needed.
- Serve as liaison to the Board Investment and Audit Committees.
- Oversee the development and execution of the annual budget
- Maintain insurance and other risk management policies to ensure optimum insurance protection at the lowest premium costs.
- Monitor the investment portfolio to ensure compliance with policy and to optimize returns.
- Oversee the annual audit, prepare attorney letters, engagement and representation letters, take corrective actions relating to audit findings and observations, and implement audit recommendations.
- Accurately process and account for restricted and non-restricted gifts.
- Monitor real estate and other capital assets and pursue appropriate courses of action to preserve resources.
- Actively maintain a safe, healthy, and positive work environment that promotes the physical and emotional well-being of employees, customers, and participants.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration required.
- A Master’s degree in a related field preferred.
- 8-10 years of progressive experience as an accountant, director of finance, controller or CFO preferred.