DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review and prepare technical specifications of various electrical equipment e.g. AC and DC motors, Alternators and Generators, based on customer specification and international standards.
- Perform electrical design and performance calculations per customer requirements and specifications for rotary equipment.
- Prepare work instruction and process documentation for manufacturing of rotary equipment.
- Costing for various electrical equipment repairs and manufacturing process.
- Prepare part numbers and technical specifications for various engineering material e.g. cable, lug, winding wire, and insulation system.
- Prepare and approve electrical winding diagram for various windings of electrical machines.
- Prepare and approve test certificates.
- Assist other departments with engineering input.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University degree in Electrical engineering.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of electrical testing on electrical machines: Hi-pot testing, insulation resistance measurement, winding resistance measurement testing, surge testing, impedance testing and routine testing for AC/DC equipment.
- Knowledge of insulation system for different types of rotating equipment.
- Prior experience in rebuilding and remanufacturing of rotary equipment (AC/DC).
- Exposure to traction motor business would be an asset.
- Knowledge of routine test and type test for AC/DC motors.
- Excellent knowledge in MS Word and MS Excel to prepare process instructions, Inspection and Test Reports (ITR) and procedures.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Decision making based on engineering data and facts.