Lead Room Attendants will be responsible for maintaining guestrooms, working areas, and the hotel premises in general, in a clean and orderly manner. Also coordinating daily housekeeping operations and maintaining the housekeeping operating standards.
Lead Room Attendants are also responsible for supervising room attendants to deliver an excellent Guest satisfaction and experience. On time to time basis may also be required to assist with various projects and leadership.
- Responsible for smooth operation of the floor/area assigned.
- Responsible for the overseeing and directing the work of Room Attendants.
- Organizes and facilitates the room making process.
- Daily allocation of rooms and deep cleaning tasks to team members.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of guest rooms, corridors and heart of the house area of the floor.
- Checks the occupied and departure rooms, giving special attention to guest needs.
- Ensures that the entire operation is performed as per the venue standards.
- Routine inspection of guest rooms to ensure they meet standards.
- Aware of all room categories and amenities.
- Achieve positive outcomes from guest queries in a timely and efficient manner.
- Report maintenance issues to Maintenance/Engineering Department.
- Assist Housekeeping Coordinator with training requirements.
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation.
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships.
- Perform Room Attendant, House Person, and Public Area Attendant responsibilities as needed.
- Adhere to uniform and grooming standards as assigned by venue.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of all guests and general hotel information.
- Comply with hotel Lost and Found policy
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma is preferred but not required
- At least 1-year experience as a Room Attendant III at Destination Kohler OR experience at a Forbes rated property in the housekeeping department.
- Candidate must speak, write, and understand English, required
- Previous leadership experience preferred but not required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be approved.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs on a regular basis.
- Candidate must tolerate being on their feet for the majority of the day and handle making beds, cleaning bathrooms, vacuuming, dusting, and personalizing service.