Provides leadership and management of construction equipment service and parts department.
- Develops procedures and processes to efficiently manage parts inventory
- Develops procedures and processes to drive service department efficiencies
- Manages service department P&L and develops KPIs to drive performance.
Seeking a Service Manager in Rural Hall, North Carolina! This is a ground-floor opportunity and a great time to join an exciting team as they have experienced tremendous growth over the past 5 years. The individual in this position should be personable, a problem solver, a leader of people, ethical, intelligent and able to adapt to all the forces around them - customers, suppliers, department employees, co-workers and manufacturers employees.
- Service Manager for In-Shop/Field Service and Repair of machines and equipment.
- Report to Operations Manager and will oversee and lead a team of 12-15 service technicians and mechanics.
- Responsible for the management and oversight of new and used equipment preparation, warranty repairs, rental/lease fleet maintenance, mechanical training programs, safety programs, environmental compliance regulations, and in compliance of OSHA and EPA.
- Develop and schedule sales and expense budgets along with shop foremen and lead hands.
- Management of P&L (employee productivity, customer satisfaction, market penetration, departmental profitability, and measure key metrics).
- Provide direction and leadership required to achieve professional technical services at profitability and quality standards.
- Conduct regular service meetings and training sessions to communicate company objectives and policies, to develop technical skills and to encourage employee participation and personal growth.
- Observes service personnel in repair circumstances and for providing the coaching necessary to develop diagnostic, safety, clean, efficiency and effective high-quality work.
- Responsible for supervising all direct reports and for providing these individuals with the guidance required for them to reach both their corporate and personal goals.
- Continually monitor the progress of the department, and that of individuals in service group, toward the quality and profit goals.
- Identify deviations from the plan and recommending and/or taking corrective action.
- Consults daily with all direct reports either in person or by phone.
- Conducts regular (not less than monthly) meetings with the service group personnel to compare performance with standards and goals.
- Takes whatever action necessary to assist individuals in achieving their goals.
- Develop and maintain competitive compensation and incentive programs for all service job functions.
- Recruiting, hiring and training of all service employees.
- Planning educational and training programs covering company policies, procedures and technical methods.
- Develop and maintain, in conjunction with the human resources group, written job descriptions covering all service functions.
- Responsible for determining repair methodologies and job flows to maximize the effectiveness, the efficiency and the customer satisfaction of the service functions.
- Develop and monitor performance standards and measurements.
- Develop and maintain all service efficiency and management reports and reporting methods.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in service operations and labor selling at the management level.
- Good working knowledge of equipment operations and mechanical functions.
- Solid shop floor management knowledge.
- Strong understanding of financial reporting principles.
- This individual will have had supervisory and management training in related fields.
- Good business acumen.
- Leadership skills in a specialized repair environment.
- Solid understanding of pricing principles and discounting effects.
- Working knowledge of shop layout and industrial engineering principles.