Looking for a proven sales leader to drive company-wide sales strategy for a rapidly growing regional construction equipment rental company.
The Vice President of Rental Equipment Sales will have the responsibilities of increasing profitable revenue, managing the rental assets, and maximizing market share. The primary focus for this role is develop and implement strategic plans to grow the business profitably, optimize asset utilization, build high performing technical resources to support customers, drive employee and customer satisfaction, and market share. The ideal candidate will develop and drive a performance and growth strategies for the equipment rental business, which will include sales infrastructure, rental operations excellence, market intelligence, asset management, and P&L alignment.
- Develop and execute short and long-range plans in support of company strategic initiatives.
- Provide strategic direction, market analysis, business planning and operational oversight to the management team.
- Define the vision, strategies, and priorities for areas of responsibility that facilitate achievement of growth, profitability, and market share objectives.
- Provides strategic direction, market analysis, business planning and operational oversight to the management team.
- Defines key business drivers and metrics and provides necessary resources.
- Continually assesses market opportunities and potential expansion markets
- Drive performance improvement across the organization by positive motivation and identifying opportunities to drive efficiency and eliminating inefficiencies.
- Reviews and analyzes financial, operational, marketing, staffing, organizational structure and customer data, and strategy.
- Analyzes and reviews all assets for the purpose of determining utilization, financial return, and overall performance.
- Improves asset performance and ensures new assets acquired meet minimum requirements.
- Manages rental fleet utilization and maximizes economic useful life to determine best window for asset retirement and remarketing.
- Provide oversight on operational performance, opportunities, financial issues and matters of strategic importance
- Establishes expectations, processes, and metrics for employee behavior and actions that influence customer satisfaction.
- Review and analyze financial, operational, marketing, staffing, and customer data.
- Continually improve and reinforce teamwork and maintains a positive demeanor while correcting behaviors contrary to a high performing team.
- Maintains excellent relationships and reputation with manufacturing partners and other brands we represent.
- Staffs, supports, develops, and directs the sales organization through the appropriate stakeholders (sales & branch management) assuring objectives and needs are met, and that the sales team performs at a high level in both performance and culture.
- Partners with HR and employs a systematic process to assess current skills, define training needs, deliver needed training, and conduct annual performance evaluation for all teammates. Maps out a development plan for each direct report and reviews it 2-3 times annually.
- Responsible for driving profitable revenue and maximizing market share.
- Responsible for maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction as measured by various surveys and metrics.
- Engage the Sales Managers and Branch Managers in the alignment of the sales efforts and tactics needed to drive sales, customer, and market penetration.
- Modifies sales tactics and strategies as needed in order to achieve growth, market share, employee, and customer satisfaction goals.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university highly preferred
- 10 years of leadership experience in the construction equipment rental industry
- Proven ability to successfully manage people and teams
- Strong understanding of the relationship between Rentals, Parts, & Service, as well as vendors, customers, and employees.
- Demonstrates strong technical/financial aptitude, analytical, problem solving, decision-making, time management and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in assessing techniques of examining, questioning, evaluating, and reporting on the performance of individuals and operations
- Proven ability to profitably manage inventory with a strong understanding of utilization metrics.
- Understands basic financial reporting (P/L statements and Balance sheets) and financial analysis
- Must have general computer literacy with good knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Ability to work evenings and weekends with 35-60% travel, occasionally overnight
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving record (Motor Vehicle Record search will be performed on final candidate). Must be able to meet company requirements for auto insurance coverage.
- Ability to interpret and analyze complex data and exercise initiative, sound judgement, problem solving and decision-making
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills (written, e-mail, and verbal) are required.
- Ability to express ideas and influence others in a positive manner.
- Ability to think strategically and make decisions with ambiguous data.
- Excellent planning & organizational skills.
- Possesses excellent people skills and ability to delegate effectively
- Strong customer service and relationship building experience
- Ability to think strategically and use data analytics to support decision making