Will collaborate with multiple departments to ensure proper accounting of capital projects and ensure accuracy in financial reporting.
- Management of multiple projects at one time.
- Roll Forwards, WIP, and GAAP Accounting
- Balance Sheet & Income Statement Analysis & Reporting
Our client is hiring a new member to their corporate accounting team to assist in the accounting and analysis of their internal projects and account for work-in-process (WIP). This individual will conduct and participate in meetings with different teams throughout the organization to develop a solid understanding of upcoming and ongoing projects and the impact to financial statements from capital and operating expense viewpoint. This candidate will lead initiatives to drive process and systems improvements. They will be responsible for preparing journal entries, reconciling balance sheet accounts, and providing detail and summary level analysis of impacts to the balance sheet and income statement.
- Prepare and record journal entries timely and accurately, according to GAAP.
- Review and record projects in the general ledger and Projects module according to GAAP timely and accurately.
- Prepare, review and analyze reports including project impairment analysis and WIP Rollforward schedule.
- Maintain and balance Projects module and general ledger accounts by verifying, reviewing and reconciling transactions.
- Work closely with department Project Managers to assist them in the project charter creation process and time-tracking.
- Lead on initiatives to improve or fix processes and systems, collaborating with system and other impacted teams.
- Perform month and quarter end close activities including: journal entries, variance explanations.
- Position does require work beyond 8 hours a day during the financial close that starts at the beginning of each month and other occasions as necessary, potentially including weekends and holidays
- Accounting or Finance degree required
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred.
- Requires 5 plus years of related corporate or public accounting experience.
- Good working knowledge and understanding of accounting processes and required documentation, project/construction accounting experience a plus.
- Experience with Excel, Subledger and GL systems, Oracle a plus.
- Strong Knowledge of GAAP.
- $65k - $75k base salary
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment that requires the management of multiple projects at one time.
- Excellent time management, decision-making, analytical and organizational skills.
- Effective communicator; enjoys interacting and collaborating with team members and business partners; is able to communicate effectively and professionally in written form
- Detail-oriented with an ability to critically analyze financial data and prepare financial reports.
- Ability to create efficiencies or solutions for existing or unexpected situations.
- Resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced and growing environment.
- Consistently demonstrates the ability to provide Fanatical Support to internal business partners.