The Agency is recruiting for an Interim Accountant on behalf of a leading firm based in the Cayman Islands.
Our client is looking for a Qualified Accountant to undertake all aspects of financial management, including regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecast preparation, working closely with the Financial Controller.
- Managing day-to-day finance and accounting operations including journal entries, general ledger, trial balance and payroll
- Preparation of monthly and yearly consolidated financial statements.
- Coordinating and preparing budgets and forecasts, and other financial reports; Management reporting and analysis; including end-to-end month-end processing to meet corporate deadlines, forecast analysis and preparation of management accounts
- Budgeting and Forecasting including analysing and reporting variance against budget and forecasts and assisting the Finance Manager to co-ordinate and prepare the Annual Budgets & forecasts
- Understand and interpret various legal agreements to ensure that purchases and sales are in accordance with contract terms and maintain the Company’s databases, ensuring accuracy and completeness
- Check for SOX reporting
- Assist in the preparation of European Value-Added Tax
- Assist in the maintenance of the books and records of other offshore companies.
- Assist the Company’s external auditors during year-end audits and internal control (SOX) audits
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting with proven accounting experience
- A minimum of 5years’ experience in a similar field
- Professional qualification such as CPA, ACCA essential
- Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Thorough knowledge of internal controls and audit processes as related to SOX compliance
- Understanding of various tax regulations including corporate tax and Value-Added tax
- Experience using MS Navision would be advantageous
- Knowledge of financial regulations
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
If this sounds like a good match for you and you would like to learn more, we would welcome your application. Go ahead and apply.