A flagship restaurant looking for a people developer!
Our Clients busy restaurant is looking for an experienced, forward-thinking Chef who is passionate about the BOH and it operations. The ideal candidate for this position will be a natural leader who always has a finger on leadership trends. The Chef will be responsible for assigning work in the kitchen, preparing meals for our diners, interviewing and training staff, kitchen inventory management. If you are passionate about the restaurant industry and have prior experience as a Chef, we invite you to apply today.
Reporting to the General Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Partner with General Manager to drive guest experiences, coordinate effective marketing plans, increase revenues and elevate the position of the venues in the Toronto downtown market.
- Actively participates in training of culinary skills to junior staff and your team of Sous Chefs
- Keeps overproduction and food waste to a minimum, ensures proper rotation, labeling, and storing of food in order to reduce food cost expense and more than that teach your SC's and front line team to do the same.
- Ensures that all food products are handled, stored, prepared and served safely in accordance with hotel and government Food Safety guidelines. Ensuring that the kitchen work area is clean, organized and that the equipment is functional
- Responsible for the day to day operations of the restaurant kitchens and ensures a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Departmental payroll and administration including scheduling.
- Daily ordering of all food requirements for the department
- Promoting teamwork between the restaurant kitchen and all other departments.
- Responsible for ensuring every employee is working effectively and efficiently as well as improving employee morale and employee relations.