A talented accountant with an expertise running the day to day of a successful yet large business.
JOB DESCRIPTION OVERVIEW:
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Leadership and communication skills. The ability to engage a team and lead them to execute financial outputs with a high degree of efficiency and attention to detail. Building relationships with all areas of the business to provide deep insight into the business’s costs and future opportunity. A self-motivator with a great ability to translate complex financial findings to non-financial stakeholders;
- Technical accounting expert with a demonstrated ability to deliver meaningful financial and management accounting insights and report on business drivers. Previous experience within a similar retail or food & beverage business would be highly desirable.
- Change management capability. Previous experience in a business experiencing transformation. A project focus, with an ability to deliver business-wide outcomes.
- To manage the Group’s financial and treasury systems and practices, ensuring financial information is timely, accurate, complete and compliant with relevant accounting and taxation principles.
- Operating and execution of the day to day accounting routine such as payroll, invoicing, membership financials, cost of sales and labor, working with the f & b department, managing costs through accurate accounting procedures, A/P and A/R.
- Developing and leading the annual budgeting and forecasting processes
- Managing accounting records and publishing financial statements
- Delivering monthly financial analysis and commentary, and sales/margin reporting and analysis and cash flow management
- Prepare portfolio management reports that identifies trends and key variances across the business
- Providing financial modelling support to assist with strategic decision making
- Evolving existing reporting frameworks and dashboards - both operational and financial performance
- Identifying areas for process improvement and executing accordingly
- Further build out the BI tools of the group (primary focus on operational data analytics) to enhance the planning and analytical capability of the group
- Coordinating with IT providers and external stakeholders to complete and roll out BI tools, and the ongoing continuous improvement of operational data compilation
- Building productive working relationships with stakeholders in order to understand their business operations and the financial information needs of end users
- Assist in the finalization of company financial audits and ensure daily compliance with regulations
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Degree qualified CPA and CA is an asset
- 5 years’ experience (f & b/hotels/country club experience preferred)
- Technically excellent. Strong financial and statutory reporting skills. Manage multiple accounting systems
- Understanding financial system concepts, principles and process with strong commercial acumen
- Auditing experience
- Self-starter with minimum supervision
- Strong communication and leadership skills are essential
- Ability to challenge the existing system and providing value added suggestions and solutions
- Proficiency in accounting software
- Advance Excel and system skills
- High energy, positive attitude, willingness to learn and grow
- Well presented and well groomed
- Shows initiative and creativity
- Logical thinker
- Team player
- Appreciation for a diverse, multi-cultural environment
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written