This is a great brand to align your career with if you are looking to be developed by some of the best leaders in the industry
- High Volume Premium Dining
- Opportunities for development and growth
- Strong attention to detail a must.
The Senior Sous Chef has a vital role in our clients' kitchen. As second-in-command, you have a large amount of responsibility in the kitchen. Essentially, the Sous Chef is responsible for planning and directing food preparation in kitchens. This involves a large degree of supervising other kitchen staff, as well as keeping an eye out for problems that arise in the kitchen and seizing control of a situation at a moment’s notice. The Sous Chef may also need to effectively discipline staff members as required, as well as provide incentives for staff members to go above and beyond the expectations of their particular chef roles. The Sous Chef could be responsible for staff scheduling and - depending on the establishment - may even be involved in apprenticeship development schemes as well.
- Daily shift management, including labour controls and line check systems
- Oversee all revenue periods and preparation and management of fresh made prep recipes.
- Management of prep charts ensuring freshness, shelf life, and proper food safety practices are controlled.
- Strong leadership capabilities.
- Previous management or supervisory role in a high volume, full-service restaurant kitchen.
- Excellent high volume of culinary production skills.
- Able to provide consistent team leadership in a highly engaged kitchen area.
- Consistent execution of revenue periods.