REPORTS TO: Integration Team Manager LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION: Epic certification or achievement of applicable system training/proficiency within 6 months ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Researches and resolves integration issues received through incident tickets and end-user feedback. Identifies the root cause of issues and develops creative solutions to correct integration problems with guidance from senior Integration Team members.
2. Performs initial analysis of dataflow and the relationship of business operations by working closely with the applications team(s), end-users or operational departments impacted by the system(s).
3. Maintains appropriate build configurations, such as data translations, network settings, error work queues, etc. with direction from senior team members.
4. Implements and tests fixes to configuration issues in the TEST/DEV application environments. Validates that integration configurations deliver accurate needed data to applications.
5. Collects and documents specifications required to develop new or revise existing functionality.
6. Achieves knowledge of integration software to serve as a bridge between application teams, project teams and vendor implementation teams.
7. Troubleshoots problems or questions from users.
8. When necessary due to projects, participates in regular day-to-day communication with vendor’s implementation team to work with end user and vendor to tailor system to the organization.
9. Documents changes and communicates the resolution of issues to affected users. Follows established change management processes on the implementation of fixes into production environments. Coordinates approved production moves through the designated change management process.
10. Applies project management ideology to execute project plans.
11. Records time spent on projects to meet documentation requirements.
12. Follows testing plans and ensures functionality of integrations. Troubleshoots and gives feedback to team members.
- Identify potential impact of changes upon other applications and downstream systems with guidance of senior team members.
- Works effectively, efficiently and independently with minimal direction from senior team members.
- Works with senior team members to expand knowledge of systems, processes and procedures.
Working knowledge of object oriented or relational databases such as Cache’, SQL Server or Oracle.
Proficient with Windows, Linux or UNIX operating systems, client/server technology and TCP/IP sockets. Knowledge of the OSI model and understand the relation to system integrations and data handling.
Experience in design, build, support or maintenance of information systems or interfaces.
Some knowledge of PMI project management fundamentals with the ability to function as a team member on an Integration Team, department or enterprise project team.
Some knowledge of HIPAA regulations, Meaningful Use and Electronic Health Records.
Knowledge of multi-disciplinary health system functions, related data dependencies, connections and flow.
Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and electronically.
Ability to document in detail.
Possess good Interpersonal and teamwork skills with a willingness to learn from others and share gained knowledge.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and some familiarity with SharePoint, Visio and OneNote.