Plant Superintendent with strong experience in lean manufacturing, continuous improvement, people leadership, and problem solving.
- BS degree preferred
- High-mix production environment
- Strong Lean Manufacturing experience including Kaizen event experience
Fast growing, multi-billion dollar, global manufacturer is seeking an experienced Plant Superintendent for their high-performing, 800+ non-union manufacturing facility. The Superintendent/Production Manager is responsible for planning, monitoring and scheduling of staff and work operations in a safe and efficient manner. Additionally, this person will be responsible for employment decisions, reviews and overall development of direct reports. This is a 3rd shift position (10hr shift) and will oversee a team of roughly 50+ including multiple Production Supervisors.
What they are seeking:
- Providing leadership and continuous improvement to the team in the areas of safety, quality, cost/productivity and delivery.
- Support internal continuous improvement methodologies and application.
- Directs work; provides clear direction and accountabilities
- Providing necessary resources and training, coaches/mentors associates on behavior relevant to company values, policies, procedures, and performance standards.
- Analyzing production schedules and estimates employee hour requirements and establishing or adjusting work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Evaluating needs and requirements for new products or processes.
- Ensures accountability; holds self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Drives result; consistently achieve results, even under tough circumstances
- Communicate effectively; develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Instills trust; gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity
- Build effective teams and drive engagement; build strong teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals; creates a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization win
- Decision Quality; makes sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information
- Collaboration; works cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives
- Resourcefulness; orchestrates multiple activities simultaneously to accomplish a goal
What they are seeking:
- BS in Engineering, Business or a related field strongly preferred along with at least 3+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment with demonstrated team participation and/or leadership and related continuous improvement successes.
- Experience in a high-mix, low-volume production environment a desired trait
- A sound working knowledge and application of lean manufacturing principles including techniques such as Kaizen, 5S, Six Sigma, etc
- Enthusiastic attitude for solving problems and a willingness to roll up sleeves. Strong analytical, problem solving, delegation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Exceptional leadership, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain the professional competence, knowledge, and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.