Build and oversee all human resource related functions in addition to overall executive leadership including talent, learning, development & culture.
The CPO or SVP of People will build and oversee all human resource related functions in addition to overall executive leadership including talent, learning, development and culture. This is a new role due to the company’s extraordinary growth and it’s current scaling of both headcount and regional operations. You'll work closely with the executive team to lead initiatives across the organization including but not limited to culture and employee experience, talent acquisition, compensation and benefits, diversity and inclusion, as well as communication, learning and development. In order to be successful in this role, you will need to have the ability to coach and develop relationships within the organization while inspiring a culture of personal accountability, execution, collaboration, and positivity.
- BS/BA, Preferred Masters in Organizational Development or equivalent
- A proven track record of success as a People leader
- 10+ years combined human resources, coaching, people operations and talent acquisition experience
- Experience in scaling a high growth company beyond 500 employees.
- Demonstrated ability to coach while executing business strategy
- Strength in organizational design and assessment
- Ability to assess and address business and interpersonal growth areas within the executive team
- Ability to develop progressive, proactive, and cost-effective processes and programs to address employee engagement and retention
- Culture warrior, shares our values, and experience executing culture focused initiatives
- Demonstrated success leading change with employees at all levels in a growth environment.
- Deep experience of implementing overall HR best practices, directing talent management and all aspects of culture building, change management and organizational development, senior level recruitment, performance management, employee engagement, training approaches, succession planning, and career pathways.
- Proven ability to build an organization and talent pipeline, ideally with experience scaling across multiple geographies.
- Proven strategic thinker; viewed as a leader in solving people and organizational challenges during times of transition.
- Expertise in linking programs and strategies to organizational goals and mission, delivering high impact results and creating pathways and a culture for change. Leadership
- Ensure top-notch employee experience in accordance with the company values
- Advise and influence business leaders on organizational design, leadership development, employee engagement and retention, performance criteria and measurement, succession planning, talent reviews, and change management
- Drive a culture that embodies the company values, and that rewards promotes and encourages high performance throughout the organization.
- Own all HR and People operational functions including benefits, compensation, employee management, policies, procedures, talent acquisition, etc
- Design a People Operations Plan that accounts for and supports success for the different stakeholders across our workforce: corporate, drivers/delivery, cultivation, manufacturing, distribution, and retail
- Create learning and development programs to prepare employees for more significant responsibilities as the company grows and scales
- Ensure cultural consistency as the company grows and scales, and set up the infrastructure to manage through change and maintain trust and communication across all levels and functions
- Optimize the talent team and process for recruiting, including team structure, candidate evaluation processes, interview best practices, candidate follow-up, recruiting KPIs and their continuous improvement to drive the growth strategy
- Develop and manage a competitive, contemporary compensation program by completing the regular market analysis, designing pay structures, conducting cost analyses and effectively implementing improvements
- Focus on recruiting and hiring diverse candidates. Creating an inclusive culture that encourages and supports a diversity of thought and rewards the implementation of creative solutions
- Identify and measure organizational KPI’s for People Operations
- Implement a global program for evaluating performance and providing feedback
- Advise and collaborate with the company on financial and legal issues related to employment
- Evaluate and manage all third party People Ops vendors and partners
- Manage and grow a People Operations Team
- Manage Systems including HRIS, Employee Communication Platform, etc.
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and it is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by the company to fluctuate with business needs.