Remote Audit Manager needed at CPA firm. Ability to travel to Greenville, SC occasionally for in-office meetings and client site visits.
Our CPA firm client is looking for an Audit Manager or Audit Senior Manager for their team. This will be a remote position, with occasional in-office meetings in Greenville, SC, or on client sites. There is room to grow at this friendly firm that offers employees reasonable working hours and a great work/life balance.
Managers are essentially partners-in-training and are involved in almost all of the areas for which partners are responsible. They have exhibited technical proficiency and the ability to supervise and complete engagements, possess a thorough knowledge of the firm’s policies and procedures, and serve as intermediaries between partners, clients, and senior accountants. Senior managers exhibit the same positive characteristics as managers. In addition, senior managers possess the experience and overall potential necessary to be considered for admission as a partner in the firm.
- Assume responsibility for planning, supervising, and completing engagements with little or no supervision within budget and by deadline.
- Plan the timing and assigning of staff to engagements.
- Review engagement workpapers, resolve any problems and keep the partner informed of all important developments in the engagement.
- Prepare client billings.
- Evaluate the performance of senior accountants.
- Develop new client contacts and relationships beneficial to the firm.
- Assist in administrative functions as assigned by the partners.
- Recognize opportunities to provide additional services to existing clients.
- Managers normally have a minimum of three years of experience as a senior accountant (or equivalent experience as deemed appropriate by the partners).
- Senior Managers normally have a minimum of three years of experience as a manager (or equivalent experience as deemed appropriate by the partners).
- Managers and Senior Managers must have a CPA