Technical Event Manager position based in Los Angeles, California working for a boutique event production agency.
- Technical Event Manager
- Los Angeles, California based
- Permanent position
** We in the events space know this is an unprecedented and uncertain time. KIN + CO. along with all of our clients are managing the effects of COVID-19 on the events industry day to day. We appreciate all of the support and the constant communication, as it is even more important now to band together as an events tribe. Whilst most clients are understandably being cautious about hiring decisions at this time, this role is one that will forge ahead as soon as possible after this crisis.
So that said, we are very available and ready to meet and speak with you at this time, ready for when the rainbows will appear :) If you are interested in learning more about what we are looking for with regards to this role of Technical Event Manager, please apply and we look forward to chatting with you.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a full service event production agency in Los Angeles, California. Our client is looking for a Technical Event Manager to join their boutique agency on a permanent basis.
The Technical Event Manager will work closely with the Head of Production to ensure that all onsite event operations and logistical needs are met. This role will give you that next step up in your events career, allowing you to wear many different hats within an event production and warehouse environment, while exposing you to a variety of industries with clients from small businesses to global brands! You will get to deliver a wide range of creative end-to-end event experiences including corporate events, trade shows, exhibitions, conferences, festivals and brand activations.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing all warehouse operations - site management, logistics, asset management, scenic install, technical integration (AV, lighting, power)
- Managing warehouse and event support staff, vendors & crew
- Implementing inventory tracking systems, packing/shipping/receiving all event assets
- General event and show preparation
- Supporting and collaborating with Production team for activations and events
- Executing tasks as provided by the senior leads
- Providing support to clients and ensuring their expectations are met
This Job is Ideal for Someone who has
- 2-3 years demonstrated experience within full-service event production and event operations/logistics
- A passion for events and drive to thrive in a fast-paced, high pressure agency environment
- 1+ year of management/lead experience
- Proven ability to manage and execute each aspect of onsite event operations
- Forklift certification (preferred, client can also provide training and certification support)
- Experience with scenic and staging builds preferred
- Experience with technical integration (managing AV/lighting/power vendors)
- OSHA certification (preferred, client can also provide training and certification support)
- Strong Client focus with attention to detail, flexibility and accountability for results
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, Apple applications and team project software)
- Proven experience managing event production budgets
- Excellent time management and problem solving skills
- Extraordinary self-starter, strong initiative, and attention to detail
- Flexible, dependable, detail orientated, innovative, motivated and enthusiastic about delivering exceptional events
- Strong desire to work with a fun, creative and entrepreneurial team
- A thorough understanding of permitting standards and procurement
- The Candidate must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed; as well as participate in overnight travel for events
- Local and interstate travel may be required (around 50%, will vary throughout year)
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; and is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All Candidates applying for this job must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
All qualified Candidates with criminal histories will be considered in a manner that is consistent with federal, state and where relevant, local laws. The job is contingent upon successfully passing a Background Check.
About KIN + CO.
FIND YOUR EVENT TRIBE. KIN + CO. is a boutique event recruitment agency, focused on engaging top events talent for our Clients across the industry.
We undertake all recruitment activities in accordance with applicable Equal Employment Opportunity Laws at the Federal and State level. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, regardless of race, color, religion or belief, national origin, marital status, sex, ancestry, age, disability/handicap, veteran status or any other classification protected by law.
For more event opportunities, please follow us via our social media handles below.
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK
This role not quite 'the one'? Don't worry! We're always looking for experienced event professionals. Join us today