Technical Director/Production Manager based in Greater New York, New York working for a live production agency!
- Technical Director/Production Manager
- Greater New York, New York
- Permanent position
Our Client is a live production agency based in Greater New York, New York and they are looking for a Technical Director/Production Manager to join their team on a permanent basis. What a way to start 2020! The client is a full live production house with a large warehouse to match. This role is for a live production specialist that wants to lead the technical for events and bring it all to life on event! If this is what you love and live for, then this is the role for you!
The Technical Director/Production Manager works with the Executive Producer and Production Team to manage key clients, and create, plan and deliver a wide range of live and corporate events.
Key responsibilities will include:
- End to end technical production/live production management
- Managing and coordinating all aspects of live event production from ideation to delivery
- Managing the setup, wiring and operation of high resolution audio visual equipment, computers for video playback, screen switchers, video switchers, GFX computers and film based video recording devices if required
- Managing staging, rigging and any other live production requirements
- Managing and executing various events at any one time
- Client relationship management and communications with regards to technical production
- Managing production schedules
- Managing project budgets/costs and reporting to ensure financial profitability and value for clients
- Venue scouting and management
- Providing on-site technical supervision, overseeing bump in and bump out, show operations and labor management
- Managing and creating staff (labor) schedules
- Contracting and managing suppliers/vendors - vendor RFPs, if required
- Managing all production related documentation
- Managing detailed designs - staging, rigging, video production
- Managing the live production creative ideation process and brainstorming concepts
- Working closely with the Executive Producers and Production Team to bring events to life
- Keeping abreast with industry trends
This Job is Ideal for Someone who has
- Proven experience working as a Technical Specialist/Supervisor/Manager/Production Manager within live production. Experience working within the corporate and special events space, preferred.
- Strong technical knowledge of entertainment equipment and systems
- Demonstrated experience overseeing Audio Visual, vendors, show callers, Stage Managers, tech crews
- Excellent computer skills. Experience using CAD/Vectorworks design is preferred. Video/graphic experience, highly regarded
- Proven experience managing large live event production budgets including estimations and cost control
- Experience managing teams of staff/crewing including but not limited to video, projection, staging, rigging, AV teams
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to show call events, an asset
- Strong Client focus with attention to detail, flexibility and accountability for results
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for events and drive to thrive in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
- Excellent time management and problem solving skills. Must be able to think on your feet and manage multiple projects at the same time!
- Flexible, dependable, detail orientated, innovative, motivated and enthusiastic about delivering exceptional events
- A thorough understanding of permitting standards and procurement
- The Candidate must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed; as well as participate in overnight travel for events
- Local and interstate travel may be required
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; and is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All Candidates applying for this job must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
All qualified Candidates with criminal histories will be considered in a manner that is consistent with federal, state and where relevant, local laws. The job is contingent upon successfully passing a Background Check.
About KIN + CO.
FIND YOUR EVENT TRIBE. KIN + CO. is a boutique event recruitment agency, focused on engaging top events talent for our Clients across the industry.
We undertake all recruitment activities in accordance with applicable Equal Employment Opportunity Laws at the Federal and State level. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, regardless of race, color, religion or belief, national origin, marital status, sex, ancestry, age, disability/handicap, veteran status or any other classification protected by law.
For more event opportunities, please follow us via our social media handles below.
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK
This role not quite 'the one'? Don't worry! We're always looking for experienced event professionals. Join us today