Focuses heavily on using our CRM system to see what inspections need to be done in their assigned territories and jurisdictions.
About Empire Solar Group
Empire Solar is a group of eager and driven solar enthusiasts looking to make a wave in the industry. Offering a partner-network model with national reach. Quality, Integrity, and Total Customer Satisfaction are our top priorities. Residential and commercial Solar PV Systems. Rooftop, Ground mount, photovoltaic materials, EPC fulfillment, Array Design, and more. We have grown exponentially over the last year and are in search of an inspection tech who will become a strong contributor and make a difference. The position will be in the Denver market.
About the Opportunity
The Inspection technician focuses heavily on using our CRM system to see what inspections need to be done in their assigned territories and jurisdictions. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, prepare documents prior to installation requirements, responsible with maintaining their assigned territory, skilled in electrical knowledge, knowledgeable with jurisdictions, knowing the solar installation process and be able to troubleshoot a problem when conducting inspections. Being able to work independently to create and own scheduling their assigned inspections. We are looking for a dependable person who will maintain a high level of business ethics, professionalism and excellent communication between their Empire co-workers, customers and management.
- Manage and maintain a calendar
- Operate independently
- Safely open/close electrical panels as needed
- Be presentable
- Able to drive a company vehicle
- Able to work comfortably on roofs
- Be able to repeatedly lift 60 pounds
- Solar/electrical knowledge
- Additional duties required as needed.
- Ability to travel within an assigned territory
Experience and Qualifications
- 1+ years experience in a discipline related to construction or building sciences; estimating or site assessment, PV, energy efficiency experience is preferred.
- Trade School or High School degree in a discipline related to construction or building sciences is preferred.
- Understanding of site assessment, electrical methods and materials.
- Ability to organize and maintain paper documents, electronic photos, and files.
- Excellent written communication skills are necessary to prepare handwritten site assessments.
- Quick with numbers and can-do simple arithmetic with or without the use of an electronic device.
- Experience with smartphone applications
- Standard computer skills, save/upload/download files and photos and communicate via email.
- Experience reading plan sets, specifications, diagrams, material data sheets, and equipment submittals.
- Personality to interact, communicate and provide detailed summaries of work performed to the homeowner and management team.
- Desire to interact with co-workers and participate in daily/weekly meetings.
- Must have own vehicle and use a ladder.
Ability to safely and efficiently perform job functions for quality assurance - this includes but is not limited to:
- Climbing ladders/ stairs, work safely in a branch/warehouse/rooftop/ attic environment, work on rooftops with various pitched surfaces, lift 50 - 70 lbs., move any/all equipment as needed such as ladders, tools, etc., work in extreme environments (i.e. hot/cold weather, hot/cold attics and homes), operate office equipment including computers to determine the accuracy of work performed.
- Compensation is based on experience Full time
- Full time
- Competitive PTO and Holiday schedule (Including your birthday!)
- 401K and Matching Defined, merit-based career path.
- Medical Dental and Vision Benefits
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Empire Solar Group is an equal employment opportunity to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location that we facilitate. Empire Solar Group is a proud promoter of employment opportunities to our Military and Veterans.