The primary responsibility is to provide a professional site assessment for the Empire design team for the preparation of photovoltaic projects.
About Empire Solar Group
Empire Solar is a group of eager and driven solar enthusiasts looking to make a wave in the industry. Offering a partner-network model with national reach. Quality, Integrity, and Total Customer Satisfaction are our top priorities. Residential and commercial Solar PV Systems. Rooftop, Ground mount, photovoltaic materials, EPC fulfillment, Array Design, and more. We have grown exponentially over the last year and are in search of a Site Surveyor who will become a strong contributor and make a difference. The position will be remote in the Dallas/Fort Worth market.
About the Opportunity
The Site Surveyor focuses heavily on quality assurance. The primary responsibility is to provide a professional site assessment for the Empire design team for the preparation of photovoltaic projects. The ideal candidate will be skilled, experienced, artistic, passionate about their craft, motivated and willing to learn. We are looking for a dependable person who will maintain a high level of business ethics, professionalism and excellent communication between their Empire co-workers, customers and management.
- Conduct a physical site assessment using a variety of tools and equipment including data collection devices, photo capturing, range finders, hand tools, ladders, personal protective equipment, etc.
- Measure roof planes, vents, dormers, chimneys, and other roof obstructions.
- Upload site survey analysis, collected data, and photos of work performed each day.
- Fill out paper and digital site assessment sheets.
- Upload information through a computer, tablet and/or mobile device.
- Provide and maintain a current, valid driver's license and a clean driving record to safely operate a personal vehicle for company use as necessary.
- Work with set appointments, track hours, and reschedule when needed.
- Professional appearance and interaction with homeowners at all times is required.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Experience in solar and roofing
- Relevant prior in-home sales experience with a strong record of achievement is an asset, but not required.
- Additional duties required as needed.
- Ability to travel within an assigned territory
Experience and Qualifications
- 1+ year experience in a discipline related to construction or building sciences; estimating or site assessment, PV, energy efficiency experience is preferred.
- Trade School or High School degree in a discipline related to construction or building sciences is preferred.
- Understanding of site assessment, construction sequencing, construction methods and materials.
- Ability to organize and maintain paper documents, electronic photos, and files.
- Excellent written communication skills are necessary to prepare handwritten site assessments.
- Quick with numbers and can-do simple arithmetic with or without the use of an electronic device.
- Experience with smartphone applications and digital cameras__
- Standard computer skills, save/upload/download files and photos and communicate via email.
- Experience reading plan sets, specifications, diagrams, material data sheets, and equipment submitting.
- Personality to interact, communicate and provide detailed summaries of work performed to the homeowner and management team.
- Desire to interact with co-workers and participate in daily/weekly meetings.
- Must have own vehicle and ladders.
Ability to safely and efficiently perform job functions for quality assurance - this includes but is not limited to:
- Climbing ladders/ stairs, work safely in a branch/warehouse/rooftop/ attic environment, work on rooftops with various pitched surfaces, lift 50 - 70 lbs., move any/all equipment as needed such as ladders, tools, etc., work in extreme environments (i.e. hot/cold weather, hot/cold attics and homes), operate office equipment including computers to determine the accuracy of work performed.
- W2 full time or part-time position.
- Competitive PTO and Holiday schedule (Including your birthday!)
- 401K and Matching Defined, merit-based career path.
- Medical Dental and Vision Benefits
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Empire Solar Group is an equal employment opportunity to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location that we facilitate. Empire Solar Group is a proud promoter of employment opportunities to our Military and Veterans.