Lead PHP Developer with people management skills needed for a perm role in Columbus, Ohio
We are seeking a Lead PHP Developer in Columbus, Ohio to manage and grow the development, engineering, and data teams of our client. This role will be very hands-on technically, providing strategic direction & team leadership while also applying coding skills directly. This role will report to the CEO and work alongside the Director of Growth & Analytics.
- Responsible for leading all aspects of technology, development, and resources
- Designing and building contact/communication logic, applying to internal systems and SAAS systems
- Pragmatic technical decision-making to ensure we're developing high quality software as quickly as possible
- Optimizing end to end customer experience through communication technology and contact path testing with development, data, and growth teams.
- Work directly with growth marketing and business development to plan for vertical expansion
- Identify areas to cross market current customer database into additional verticals through communication tech
- Leading/managing the development team and growing the team to support business growth
- Work with department leads and project management to improve processes and efficiencies
- 6+ years of formal software engineering experience
- Python experience (or a similar language with the ability to learn quickly!)
- Ability to technically lead a large-scale software project with minimal product management assistance
- Experienced with:
- PHP (Laravel or WordPress frameworks)
- MySQL / MS Sql / SqlLite / Postgresql
- Automation tools like Grunt, Gulp, webpack, etc.
- Version control (Git)
- RESTful APIs