QA Automation Engineer perm role in Columbus, Ohio
This QA Automation Engineer perm position with our client is responsible for the design of testing procedures for software applications across the IT and business landscape. This role will be responsible for analyzing the functionality of applications and designing automated tests to validate their performance. Candidates must have advanced programming skills, a keen eye for detail, and excellent project management skills.
- Meeting with the software design team to discuss verification protocols.
- Identifying software application weaknesses and target areas.
- Sketching out ideas for automated software test procedures.
- Reviewing software bug reports and highlighting problem areas.
- Writing automation scripts and implementing software applications.
- Designing and installing software databases.
- Troubleshooting automation software and finalizing system procedures.
- Identifying quality issues and creating test reports.
- Collaborating with the design team to solve application faults.
- Performs other job functions or duties as assigned.
- Must be proficient in Tech stack for QA Automation: Ruby, Cucumber, Watir WebDriver, PageObject, Jenkins
- Preferred to have knowledge: REST API and API Testing in Ruby
- Favorable to have knowledge in RPA Development using UiPath
- Favorable to have knowledge in .NET Web Development
- General understanding of IP networking, HTTP/HTTPS protocols, firewalls, routers etc.
- IT application lifecycle and software quality assurance best practices and processes
- Experience with POS, financial, human resources, and eCommerce applications.
- Bachelor’s degree and or combination of equivalent education and experience in related fields.
- 1-2 years of experience as a QA Automation Engineer with large enterprises. Will consider a candidate with similar experience willing to learn Ruby and UIpath.
- 2+ years developing and maintaining automated tests for POS, and either mobile or web applications with additional capabilities writing scripts or object oriented code.