Operations Procurement Specialist
Operations Procurement Specialist #445532
The Operations / Procurement Specialist will be called upon to run OpEx budget reports, prepare content for Operational budget reviews, and to present findings to upper management within the Powertrain Testing & Analysis organization on a monthly basis. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Monitoring overtime hours (actual vs. forecasted), managing blanket purchase orders for outside testing, and tracking invoices for revenue generated through testing completed in-house.
- In addition, the operations / procurement specialist will also be tasked with purchasing goods and services needed to support testing in various Powertrain Testing & Analysis labs
- The operations / procurement specialist may also need to help manage calibration gas, coolant, fuel, and oil deliveries, critical to keeping the labs up and running.
- This is a first shift position
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent
- General knowledge of management accounting and terminology
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software, such as SAP
- Proficient in working with spreadsheets, such as Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel
- Good communication skills to interact regularly with engineering and management support staff
- Motivated, self-starter, with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail with good analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Basic computer skills including a good understanding of Google Suite and MS Office applications
- Familiarity and/or previous experience working in an automotive testing lab / environment
- 2 years or more experience with SAP for parts procurement, invoicing, and account management
- Experience with Chrysler Mainframe, PDS, and SharePoint applications
- Experience supporting World Class Manufacturing (WCM) and continuous improvement initiatives
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent
At Fast Switch – Great Lakes (FSGL), Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Isn’t that cool? Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve, and have a little fun along the way.
We at FSGL, have been doing this for 22 years with pride, dedication and plain old-fashioned hard work.
We're a financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things, and we do them for Fortune 10 companies, Inc. 500 companies, and technology start-ups.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose just the benefits that you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (Fast Switch pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
One of our pride points as that in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019, Fast Switch was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press.
To view all of our open positions, please go to: https://clientapps.jobadder.com/45103/fast-switch
Follow us on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/FastSwitchGL
Follow us on Instagram at: https://www.instagram.com/fastswitchgl/
Find us on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fast-switch-great-lakes
And you can become a fan of Fast Switch on Facebook at: https://tinyurl.com/v4p9yy7