Software Engineer Consultant/Expert
Software Engineer Consultant/Expert #448645
- Data Engineer position is ideal for the technically oriented individual who has experience doing all things data, including designing data storage solutions, implementing data storage solutions, optimizing data storage solutions landing data, manipulating data and providing L2 support.
- In this role, you will collaborate with multiple organizations (Business Customers, Product Owners, Data Tech, IT) to convert business goals into data storage solutions.
- This role will work in small, cross functional teams and embrace lean and agile practices, software best practices, software quality scanning, automated testing, and CI/CD.
- Requirement Management: Identify, document, communicate and design per requirements.
- Design: Design data stores.
- Implement Data stores: Implement data stores (Hadoop, relational DBs, noSQL DBs, etc.).
- Data Landing: Perform Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) or variations of this activity.
- Test: Participate in testing.
- Tune: Tune data stores (indexes, SQL queries) to improve performance.
- L2 Support: Assist with customer inquiries and incidents/problems.
- Manage: Lead and support integration projects and discuss status with executives.
- Collaborate: Work within/across teams
Experience Level: 4-5 years
- Areas of Specialization - Big Data
- Programming Languages, Scripting Languages, and Frameworks - PL/SQL
- Software Development and/or Scripting Languages - PL/SQL
- Software Development Layers - Data Access, Databases or Other Storage
- Software Development Paradigms - Agile Software Development, Iterative and Incremental Development
- Software Development Practices - Continuous Delivery (CD), Continuous Integration (CI)
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/