NOW HIRING! Case Manager in Coos Bay, OR
Job Type: Direct
- 8 hour days
General Job Duties:
Responsible for facilitating the patient’s hospitalization from pre-admission through post-discharge, ensuring that the patient has a smooth transition through the continuum of care. Coordinates with physicians, nurses and the health team members to expedite medically appropriate, cost effective care.
Applies clinical expertise and medical appropriateness criteria to resource utilization and discharge planning. Will advise the health care team and provide leadership as needed. Will be the coordinator of the transitional planning process.
Equipment utilized in the unit/dept: EMR and InterQual
- At least 5 years of acute care clinical experience as a registered nurse
- At least 2 years of experience with case management, discharge planning or patient placement
- Able to read, write legibly and converse effectively in the English language
- Demonstrates knowledge of Medicare/CMS guidelines
- OR RN license
- Certification in Case Management preferred
- BSN preferred
- BLS (AHA)
Salary range $35.65 - $55.11 dependent on experience, if candidate has BSN degree, and relevant certifications.