NOW HIRING! MLT or MLS in Newberry, MI
Job Type: Direct
General Job Duties:
- Performs diagnostic testing on patient samples according to laboratory policy.
- Prioritizes work flow based on established policy and individual patient needs.
- Performs Quality Control, maintains Quality Control records, and makes decisions about Quality Control acceptability according to laboratory policy.
- Performs routine and unscheduled maintenance on all laboratory equipment as needed. Keeps maintenance records organized and up to date.
- Interacts and manages operations of LIS. Oversees QC and daily operation.
- Performs venipunctures, arterial punctures, capillary punctures, and collects other patient samples skillfully and discreetly.
- Prepares specimens/requisitions/orders carefully for transfer to reference laboratory.
- Maintains clean work area.
- Restocks supplies at end of shift.
- Reports results to physician or nurse within established time frame.
- Informs laboratory manager of any problems occurring within the department, either solved or unsolved. Performs proficiency testing
- within allotted time frame, according to established policy.Must be knowledgeable in medical terminology, laboratory medicine, laboratory
- instrumentation and laboratory procedures.
- Understands and practices universal precautions, infection control, and laboratory safety policies.
- Must possess strong leadership skills and interact with staff in a non-bias manner.
- Strong computer skills and an understanding of the LIS and its role in the lab/facility.
Required Skills & Minimum Years Experience:
- Technologist – Bachelor’s degree from an accredited Medical Technology program, including successful completion of an internship OR CLIA approved equivalent. ASCP Certified
- Specific Lincensures & Certifications/Registration Required:
- Maintain Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) OR Medical Technologist Certification and Credentials. ASCP Certified
- Obtain and maintain BLS certification.
- Afternoons and Nights, additional call rotation on weekends.