NOW HIRING! RN Educator / Education Coordinator north of Columbus, OH
Job Type: Direct
Would you be interested in working in a small hospital where you could have a direct affect on patient care and be an important part of a team? Would you like to live or work in a small town close to Columbus, Ohio so you can be offered all the amenities of a small town and big city at the same time? Then this could be an opportunity for you.
- Provides overall organization and coordination of educational and Quality Improvement/Quality Control activities within all Perioperative Services areas.
- Provides supervision, education, and clinical training to all Perioperative Service positions and ensures competency, continuing education, and professional development for staff.
- Communicates and collaborates with other healthcare team members.
- Adheres to organizational policies and procedures, regulatory/accrediting body requirements, and professional practice standards.
- Care will be provided to patients of all ages from neonate, infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult to geriatric.
- Graduate of an accredited program for nursing education, BSN required.
- Current licensure to practice professional nursing in the State of Ohio.
- A minimum of 3-years of O.R. experience required
- Prior experience in a nurse educator role required..
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) Healthcare Provider CPR (BLS) certification is required.
- Current certification for the American Heart Association (AHA) and Basic Life Support (BLS) Instructor certification are required within one year.
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Provider certification required, ACLS Instructor certification preferred.
- PALS is required or obtained within one year of hire.
- CNOR required or willing to obtain within two years of hire.
- The department has a great team and the director is well respected.
- This position is open due the employee moved to a different position within the organization.
- This person could be asked by the Director to fill in for PACU and Surgery when needed.
- The position will offer a range between $27-$35hr depending on experience and a full benefit package.