NOW HIRING! Biomedical Equipment Tech in Macon, MO
Job Type: Direct
Are you looking for a new position where you can live and work in an area where you can make a difference and enjoy beautiful scenery and friendly people? Would you like to work in a hospital where you can but be part of a stable team that is a healthcare leader in the area.
How about living in an area that is large enough to provide everything but small enough to where you could live in a lower cost and safer communities. Then this might just be the right opportunity for you.
- Under supervision of the Department Manager and other technicians, inspect, repair, maintain, and calibrate all types of basic clinical equipment, devices, system, and instruments.
- Interact on a routine basis with other clinical health providers in the identification of technology-based problems and solution development.
- The BMET possesses the ability to troubleshoot, repair, and maintain a broad range of clinical inventory devices.
- Participates in and conducts on-the-job training programs regarding technical, administrative, and customer service requirements.
- Performs planned maintenance, incoming acceptance testing, and calibrates medical equipment as directed utilizing specialized equipment Perform preventive maintenance, electrical safety testing and calibrations on medical equipment using proper PM procedures and protocols.
- Monitors “Corrective” and “Scheduled” Open Work Order reports regularly to ensure timely completion and accuracy of work requests.
- Orders parts or vendor services necessary to maintain equipment within manufacturer’s specifications.
- Maintains a clean, tidy and safe work place.
- Assists in researching resources for parts and services.
- Can prove a level of confidence and competency while supporting the maintenance of the following items: IV Pumps, Pulse Oximeters,
- Suction Regulators, Flow Meters, SCD Pumps, Sphygmomanometers, Electronic Thermometers
- Patient Monitors, Defibrillators, AED’s, EKG Carts, Beds, Fetal Monitors, Electrical Surgical Units, Centrifuges, Infant Radiant Warmers.
- Associates Degree in electronics, biomedical engineering, or other technical discipline contributing to proficiency of maintenance and repair of clinical equipment within a healthcare environment.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for the educational requirement or must have equivalent military training in biomed/electrical equipment.
- Considerable knowledge of electronic, electrical, mechanical and pneumatic principles.
- 1+ year of Experience preferred.
- Position is open due to a retirement.
- Position reports to the Biomed Manager and they have a small team that works well together.
- Position is full time 40hr a week
- The hospital will offer a range with a starting rate of $21.68hr and goes up with experience.They also offer a full benefit package.