NOW HIRING! Medical Technologist/Medical Laboratory Technician in Dayton, OH
Job Type: Direct
Are you considering a career change? Would you be open to living in Southwest Ohio where there is something for everyone? Would you like to work for a company that appreciates its employees? Would you like to work with a company that uses a patient-first philosophy and provides a full-service clinical lab that provides access to vast resources including complex and specialize testing capabilities? If so, an opportunity to work with an established organization that serves several locations who is looking to add Medical Technologists to join their team.
In cooperation with the department manager, the medical technologist instructs and performs routine and special laboratory assays of patient specimens in designated disciplines.
The medical technologist follows established standards and policies, reviews patient results for accuracy and diagnostic correlation, uses independent decision making skills, and communicates with a variety of customers.
The standard of ethical and professional performance must be consistent with established medical laboratory practice and demonstrate the philosophy of the company in the performance of all duties.
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology (Clinical Laboratory Science, MT/MLT) with current ASCP certification.
- The ability to communicate and instruct effectively, perform independent technical and ethical decisions,
operate simple and high complexity instrumentation, perform simple and high complexity manual and automated procedures,
organize to perform multiple tasks simultaneously for maximum efficiency, demonstrate knowledge of theory, principles,
and techniques of laboratory medicine to provide services appropriate to the age of the customer served.
- Refer to the competency addendum for applicable age-specific skills.
- Due to growth they are looking to add to the staff.
- There are 5 night shift positions at different sites. Hours would be 10pm-6:30am or 10:30pm-7am.
- There are 2 evening shift positions(1 Full time and 1 Part Time). Hours are 2pm-10:30pm.
- There are 2 days shift positions specific to Micro. Hours are 7am-3:30pm.
- Positions will offer an hourly rate depending on experience. The range is between 21hr-29hr.
- Shift differentials are 15% for evenings and nights and weekend days. An additional 15% is offered for evenings and nights on the weekends.
- A full benefit package is offered the first of the month after the person starts.