NOW HIRING! RVT / Ultrasound Tech in Santa Fe, NM
Job Type: Direct
Are you considering a career change? Would you be open to living close to Sante Fe in a beautiful mountain community surrounded by the powerful Jemez Mountains.
The area is a health oriented community that is proud to have its own ski hill, golf course, aquatic center where Olympic swim teams train, the best schools in the state of NM, outstanding hiking trails and is a very safe community.
Local historical and beautiful sites (Santa Fe, Taos) are within an hour’s drive of the area.
The facility is committed to its quality initiatives and a culture of safety, is invested in the growth of its staff and thus supports ongoing education, certifications and other ongoing learning, and extends numerous recognition programs to all of its staff.
Would you like to work for a facility that appreciates its employees and offers an excellent work life balance and a nice lab environment. Then continue to review the details on the opening.
- Receives patients, explains method of procedure and makes sure patient is comfortable.
- Responsible for obtaining and assessing patient, obtaining history, following protocols and documenting thorough notes to radiologist as appropriate for the procedure.
- Produces images of the best image quality and works under the supervision of radiologist.
- Provides patient services to all ages using imaging modalities
- Operates ultrasound equipment to perform clinical diagnostic ultrasound exams and routine invasive procedures according to established standards and practices.
- Can accurately select the differences in procedure descriptions, displays understanding of CPT Codes.
- Exhibits patience and empathy to work with patient's, refers to patient by name, explains procedures to put patient "at ease", recognizes and meet patient's needs.
- Aids the patient into position through proper communication.
- Keeps assigned area clean and orderly maintaining supplies for the room.
- Is careful with the equipment cleaning process between and after each patient
- Keeps accurate records, helps with scheduling of the ultrasound and keeps patient flow smooth.
- Seeks and recognizes work to be done, reviews patent order in its entirety, matching information to the correct procedure, plans environment in the best interest of patient and their safety, uses free time constructively (minimizing delays)
- Follow established radiation safety guidelines ALARA in reference to time, distance and shielding.
- Understands and maintains safety guidelines for MRI.
- Coordinates care as appropriate in these environments.
- Must be a graduate of an Imaging Program that meets the requirements for Radiography or Sonography.
- Completion of a formal Ultrasound training school is required.
- ARMDS Registry in Abdomen and Vascular required upon hire.
- Additional Breast certification preferred
- Basic Life Support(BLS)current upon hire
- One year work experience in hospital setting (clinical rotation is not applicable) in sonography or radiology.
- Position reports to the Director of Imaging.
- Person needs to be patient centered. Be able to work and communicate with Physicians, RN's and other medical staff and has a lot of autonomy.
- The range is $28.50hr-$42.00hr depending on experience.
- The facility offers a full benefit package including an up to $1000.00 per month rental incentive for up to six months for this position.