NOW HIRING! Registered Dietitian in Rolla, MO
Job Type: Direct
Nestled in the south-central Ozarks Highland region, the city of Rolla is less than 100 miles from St. Louis, Jefferson City, Columbia, and Springfield, Missouri. Known as one of the "101 Best Outdoor" towns, Rolla is home to expansive multi-acre parks, state-of-the-art recreation facilities, over 11 miles of pedestrian/bike trails, and outstanding hiking and trout fishing. The outdoor enthusiast will enjoy some of the best canoeing, camping, and kayaking in the state. A community that values and promotes the arts, Rolla is host to many concerts, lectures, and exhibitions held annually. The city is home to Missouri University of Science and Technology, the state’s premier technological research university.
The Registered Dietitian is responsible for nutritional care and education of hospital patients, out patients, employee nutrition, education and instruction of Diet Office Staff, nutritional support and input to physicians regarding patient care. Registered Dietitian will assist with policies and procedures related to nutritional care and the compliance to regulatory agencies. Registered Dietitians may participate in community nutritional education as time and work load allows.
1. Assesses patient nutritional status and formulates a nutrition care plan to make recommendations to physician and/or multi-disciplinary team.
2. Provides nutritional education for in-patients, out-patients, community and staff to ensure comprehension.
3. Notifies the Director of Food Service of any problems related to patient feeding, supplemental and tube feeding needs, cooperation with nursing staff and physicians, non-compliance issues and changes to regulatory codes, policies and procedures, and areas of concern regarding the well-being and care of a patient.
4. Participates in performance improvement measures of the department by monitoring patient tray line and participating with patient test trays.
5. Assists with the administration associated with nutritional care, compliance to regulatory agencies, and development of clinical nutrition policies and procedures. Verification of competencies are validated by a qualified Registered Dietitian.
Benefits - Full
- 1 to 2 years experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition required.
- Registered Dietitian in Missouri or Registry eligible (must obtain Dietitian Registry within one year)