This onsite Property Manager will be responsible and take ownership for the management of a beautiful 600,000 SF retail shopping/entertainment center
RealREPP LLC, a full service commercial real estate recruiting firm, is currently teaming with a well known and growing retail owner/developer in Los Angeles to assist them in hiring for a Property Manager. This onsite Property Manager will be responsible and take ownership for the management of a beautiful 600,000 SF retail shopping/entertainment center near Simi Valley.
This position offers a team-oriented office environment but also the opportunity to work independently and truly take ownership of the assets. The company offers room for growth and the ability to take on a variety of different tasks that include; leasing and construction oversight, in addition to the overall day-to-day management and interaction with tenants and vendors. This Property Manager will mentor and manage a Property Assistant and will work hand and hand in the day-to-day management of this beautiful property! This role will report into the VP directly and will have opportunities for growth.
- Review, audit and supervise work by property management staff within a designated region.
- Full financial responsibility; budgeting, re-forecasting, improving net income beyond approved budget.
- Collect all billed rents in full and on time.
- Ensure effective cost control and profitability for center.
- Identify problem areas and proactively improve performance.
- Recommends annual operating budgets and executes plan within guidelines.
- Maintains communications with tenants to improve performance.
- Promotes effective business relationship to convey corporate operational policies.
- Ensures compliance with established lease obligations including operating requirements, hours of operation and use clause.
- Has good working knowledge of lease requirements.
- Set goals, evaluate, mentor an train support staff.
- Contracts with outside vendors; prepares scope statement and obtains bids.
- Drafts contracts for contractors and vendors for signature by Vice President.
- Monitors contractor’s performance and adherence to contract obligations and ensures timely completion of project.
- Reviews and approves accounts payables.
- Evaluates for property needs and recommends improvements as required.
- Oversees the condition and maintenance programs of key asset systems, HVAC equipment etc.
- Monitors on-site tenant construction for compliance with approved plans.
- Oversees the management of the marketing program.
- Maintains positive relationship with local community.
- Has good working knowledge of political and regulatory changes that may impact center operations.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years prior management experience in retail and/or office management.
- California Real Estate Sales License
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written.
- MRI experience - highly preferred
- Thorough knowledge of the operations of a shopping center including conformance to budget standards and the day-to-day operation of maintenance, security and housekeeping functions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with tenants, vendors, employees and managers regarding center operations or personnel issues to ensure the smooth operation of the center.
- Ability to work a rotating schedule during the hours the center is operating.
- Ability to analyze budget numbers for conformance to budgetary guidelines.
- Ability to monitor and develop subordinates to ensure the smooth operation of the center. Must inspect the property on a daily basis.
- Must be able to cope with shifting priorities, difficult situations and deadlines.
This company offers a great base salary, plus a 10% target bonus, excellent medical benefits (very low cost) along with 401K with a match.
If you are interested in hearing more about this exciting opportunity, please apply via our website at www.RealREPP.com or send your resume to Resumes@RealREPP.com for immediate consideration.