Our client, a leading accounting firm, is looking for Managers to join their growing Manufacturing & Distribution practice.
Location(s): San Francisco, Elkhart, Indianapolis, Los Angeles, Columbus, Knoxville **can also be remote**
Job Description & Synthesis
Our client, a leading public accounting firm, is growing their national Tax practice. The Tax team develops positive relationships with clients by providing value, knowledge, and strategy focus. As part of the Tax group, you will be part of a collaborative team with deep specialization. Our client uses proactive approaches and innovative tax technology to provide high-quality tax services to their clients. If you are committed to client excellence, want to be part of a growing organization, and are looking to expand your career, then our client's company the place for you. As a Tax Services Manager, you will work in a team environment focusing on delivering tax services and communicating findings to their middle market clients. As a specialist in your role, you will work directly with clients and tax engagement teams.
As a Tax Manager, you will be called upon to deliver professional services to clients, including consulting, tax planning, compliance, and research. This will involve performing management activities on engagements and will require the ability to manage numerous projects independently. You will be developing high-level relationships with clients, prospects, and referral sources, and performing detailed tasks on engagements while delegating and supervising others.
- Your role will include identifying and implementing tax planning and consulting opportunities, preparation, and review of client tax calculations, management of client tax relationships, and supervising and developing staff. Must have the ability to manage client relationships, multiple projects, and meet deadlines.
- Manage, direct, and monitor multiple client engagements as well as serve as a business advisor to the client.
- Formulate and deliver innovative tax planning and tax savings strategies.
- Research and consult on complex tax matters.
- Ability to manage and develop staff in a highly interactive team environment.
- Work with state-of-the-art equipment.
- BS in Accounting required.
- Minimum of eight (5) years of progressive experience in public accounting or corporate/public blend.
- CPA required.
- Manufacturing and Distribution experience is preferred
- Ability to manage and grow strong client relationships.
- Effective writing, communication and tax research skills.
- Recent experience in public accounting.
- Proven engagement and staff management a plus.
- Experience with tax technology a plus.
- Masters in Taxation or LLM is a plus
- May be flexibilty for the role to work 100% remotely.