Our client is currently seeking a Senior Auditor - SOX to join their Internal Audit team in either Norfolk, VA or Roseland, NJ.
Location(s): Roseland, NJ or Norfolk, VA
Job Description & Synthesis
Our client is currently seeking a Senior Auditor – SOX to join their Internal Audit team. The qualified candidate will execute the Sarbanes-Oxley walk-throughs and test plans for the company in a timely manner and in accordance with the testing calendar. Document work in accordance with departmental practices and workpaper standards. Communicate SOX testing results in a timely manner to the Project Manager and when necessary, to the Process Owners
- Planning and perform Sarbanes-Oxley walk-throughs and testing in accordance with the departmental testing strategy while meeting project deadlines
- Prepare and document the testing leadsheets for assigned projects in accordance with departmental standards and update the SOX repository in a timely manner
- Provide timely status reports to the project manager on progress of assigned projects
- Develop value added relationships with process owners and local business unit management
- Supervise work of more junior (or external) team members, engage in SOX reviews including workpaper review, monitoring progress of the project(s), and reviewing and addressing identified issues prior to discussing with the project manager
- Coordinate and provide guidance to the team (i.e., mentoring) when conducting Sarbanes-Oxley walk-throughs and testing in accordance with the departmental testing strategy, while meeting project deadlines
- Determine root cause of failures and potential business impact and assisting the business in failure remediation
- Lead more complex reviews and special projects
- 2+ years of experience, preferable in a Big 4 Public or National Accounting firm, with a focus on Sarbanes-Oxley work
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred
- CPA preferred
- Must have strong knowledge of auditing practices, internal controls and Sarbanes-Oxley regulations (Sections 302 and 404)
- Proficient in MS Office; knowledge of SharePoint, Archer a plus
- Willingness to travel for work assignments, estimated at no more than 30% per year (post-pandemic)
- Ability to work independently and to proactively manage workload
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- Excellent time management skills and a process-oriented approach
- Flexible and easily adaptable to changing conditions and requirements
- Facilitate teamwork by contributing to team efforts, sharing responsibility for team results and exhibiting a positive attitude
Preference will be given to candidates who have the following:
- CPA, MBA, CIA, requisite designation or comparable business experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently and proactively to execute critical tasks, including participation in the planning, execution, administration, reporting and review of all phases of operational and compliance audits, business risk identification, audit program development and execution, audit observation discussion and development, and interaction with key management associates.
- Demonstrate leadership characteristics (i.e.., diplomacy, decisiveness, assertiveness, cooperativeness).
- Rapidly assimilate and apply new knowledge in areas such as: general business, transaction processing industry, financial accounting, business writing and presentations, business risk and mitigation techniques, and ADP businesses and practices.
- Advanced ability in analyzing risk and designing efficient control practices to minimize risk.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Facilitate teamwork by contributing to team efforts, sharing responsibility for team results and exhibiting a positive attitude.
- Moderate out of town and local travel, estimated at 35% per year.