Our client, one of the largest public accounting firms in the US, is looking for Federal Tax Managers to join their growing practice .
Location(s): Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, Columbus, Denver, Indianapolis, Atlanta, Louisville, Hartford, Knoxville
About Our Client
Our client is one of the largest public accounting, consulting and technology firms in the United States. They uses their deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. Our client is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work.
Job Synthesis and Description
As a Federal Tax Manager involved in both compliance and consulting on large projects, strong technical skills are vital to this role. Tax consulting includes performing tax research and working with clients on tax matters as well as planning and implementing special projects. The Tax Manager is responsible for the compliance function on clients including supervising the preparation and technical review of corporate, partnership and personal income tax returns. The tax practice is growing tremendously and we look internally when choosing our future leaders. We consider this role as an excellent step toward Partner.
- Your role will include identifying and implementing tax planning and consulting opportunities, preparation and review of client tax calculations, management of client tax relationships and supervising and developing staff. Must have the ability to manage client relationships, multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Manage, direct and monitor multiple client engagements as well as serve as a business advisor to the client.
- Identify and assist with implementation of tax planning and tax savings strategies.
- Research and consult on complex tax matters.
- Ability to manage and develop staff in a highly interactive team environment.
- BS in Accounting required, Masters in Taxation or LLM is a plus
- Active CPA license required
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive experience in public accounting or corporate/public blend
- Consolidated C-Corp, ASC 740, Partnership, S-Corp, Individual and/or multi-state experience
- Proven engagement and staff management skills
- Ability to manage and grow strong client relationships
- Possess effective writing, communication and tax research skills
- Experience with tax technology a plus