This position will support the development, construction and sales operations in ensuring they have all the financial information they need.
FINANCIAL ANALYST - Wasaga Beach, Ontario (Collingwood, Ontario 2021)
Parkbridge is one of the fastest growing companies in the region. We are looking for our next great Financial Analyst to join our team in Wasaga Beach.
This position will support the development, construction and sales operations in ensuring they have all the financial information they need (monthly reporting, budgeting, forecasting, business case analysis, etc). In addition, you may be required to support other functional departments or lines of businesses as necessary and as determined by the Director, Finance Operations.
What’s in it for you:
- An exciting opportunity with a national company that is on the leading edge of their industry
- A chance to learn, and work in a unique and growing market, unlike any other
- A culture of collaboration. Like-minded individuals who celebrate each other’s success
- A company-paid benefit plan that includes a performance bonus, and RRSP contribution
- Healthy snacks and refreshments provided in a stocked kitchen!
What people say about you:
You are a deadline-driven multi-tasker. You are detail-oriented, with a focus on solutions. You know your way around spreadsheets, but you are also comfortable collaborating with all major functional leaders in a corporate structure. You thrive on working independently, and take ownership of your work.
What your skills are:
You have over 3 years of experience in a Financial Analyst role. You are an advanced user of MS Excel. You have worked with various accounting software packages for general ledge and project accounting. You regularly use databases for analysis.
It would be great if you had experience with Great Plains, but this is not a job requirement.
What you will be doing:
The finance function is led by the CFO/VP Finance. The finance team is split into Accounting-Finance and Operational-Finance. The Financial Analyst is part of the Operational Finance team, led by the Director, Finance Operations.
Reporting and Analysis:
- Monthly reporting and analysis of results
- Identifying trends, opportunities and recommending courses of action to reduce costs and help drive performance
- Developing financial models and creating new reports
- Conducting process analysis, identifying gaps and proposing improvements
- Working closely with operations to prepare forecasts and budgets
- Account reconciliations
- Troubleshooting problems with financial systems
- Conform with and abide by all regulatory guidance and internal policies & procedures
- Document policies, procedures and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility
- Projects as assigned by Director, Finance Operations
Community is at the heart of who we are at Parkbridge. Together as a team, we share a passionate belief in the building vibrant communities and resort destinations.
As a global housing award-winner and Canada’s leading developer, builder, owner-operator, residential land lease communities and resorts, Parkbridge has expertise and a portfolio of properties unparalleled in Canada.
Since 1998 we have expanded from just two properties with a few dedicated employees to more than 100 properties and 1,100 passionate team members across Canada – and counting! With this growth, comes a dynamic and evolving work environment with a unique opportunity for teamwork, personal development and challenge.
We are the people behind the memories. That is why we proudly say with one voice: “I am Parkbridge”.
Please note that applicants must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment criminal and credit background check.
No phone calls please. Only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that applications for this position may be kept on file for 6 months and may be considered for future opportunities within Parkbridge.
Accommodations for persons with disabilities will be provided, on request, to support candidate participation in all aspects of the recruitment process. To request accommodation, please contact Human Resources.