Our Assistant Resort Managers are "second-in-command" as they assist our Resort Managers at one of our picturesque RV and Campground properties.
ASSISTANT RESORT MANAGER – RIVERSIDE RESORT, WHISTLER, BC
Our Assistant Resort Managers are “second-in-command” as they assist our Resort Managers at one of our picturesque RV and Campground properties. They are ambassadors of the Parkbridge brand, and the heart of our communities.
The major areas of responsibilities include: personnel management, resident relations, community enhancement, assisting with budget planning and forecasting, and other related property management duties.
What’s in it for you:
- A career opportunity with a national company that is on the leading edge of their industry
- A chance to learn, and work in a unique and growing market, unlike any other
- Enjoy the perks of going to work each day in a beautiful resort community
What people say about you:
You are a natural leader, who thrives on creating community in the workplace. You believe people are your greatest asset as a manager. And you strive to help them improve. You have a keen interest in the financials of a business, and how profits are made. You think like an investor. You have high-standards for customer service, and believe that there is a solution for every problem.
What you bring to the table:
You have at least 2 years of management experience in the hospitality or hotel industry.
You have excellent interpersonal skills, and can communicate with people at all levels. You are proficient in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
You thrive on change, and problem-solving, and love to be challenged. You have a desire to achieve, and hope to one day become a Resort Manager.
What you will be doing:
- Provide a friendly welcome to all of our guests and ensure that their needs & requests are met & exceeded.
- Ensuring ongoing communication with Resort Manager and informing the manager of any and all pertinent activities within the resort
- Responsible for maintaining the required property uniform and ensuring a professional appearance and attitude at all times
- Ensuring that all invoicing to seasonal clients and from vendors are handled with accuracy and in a timely manner
- Training of new seasonal staff in customer service with a hospitality focus
- Support in recruitment process for resort
- Ensure all staff members understand standards and comply with company policies and procedures including reservations, bookings, cash handling procedures
- Cover resort manager’s days off with confidence and solid leadership abilities
- Promote an environment focused on customer experience
- Driving seasonal and overnight occupancy through effective sales and marketing
- Be a positive role model for staff and lead by example
- Daily report processing based on online bookings- balance with systems for all transactions/bookings/incoming phone calls and in-park client needs
- Accurately record all cash, credit and debit transactions
- Invoicing, utilizing Purchase Order System to ensure accuracy and timing of invoices from vendors
- Assist with property operation sales and lease up program to meet annual targets
- Carrying Host Phone
- Willing to work some evenings and weekends
Health and Safety
- Ensure all property activities are conducted in a safe and environmentally responsible manner
- Immediately notify resort manager when operations are unsafe and/or beyond normal repair
- Ensure all employees are trained on the property safety procedures and are proficient in the use of its safety equipment
- Park liaison with security company, incident reporting, conflict resolution in a professional manner
Who we are:
Community is at the heart of who we are at Parkbridge. Together as a team, we share a passionate belief in the building of vibrant communities and resort destinations.
As a global housing award-winner and Canada’s leading developer, builder, owner-operator, residential land lease communities and resorts, Parkbridge has expertise and a portfolio of properties unparalleled in Canada.
Since 1998 we have expanded from just two properties with a few dedicated employees to more than 100 properties and 1,100 passionate team members across Canada – and counting! With this growth, comes a dynamic and evolving work environment with a unique opportunity for teamwork, personal development and challenge.
We are the people behind the memories. That is why we proudly say with one voice is “I am Parkbridge”.
Please note that applicants must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment criminal and credit background check.
No phone calls please. Only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that applications for this position may be kept on file for 6 months and may be considered for future opportunities within Parkbridge.
Accommodations for persons with disabilities will be provided, on request, to support candidate participation in all aspects of the recruitment process. To request accommodation, please contact Human Resources.