Our client, a AAA gaming studio in San Ramon, is looking for a Director of Product Development to manage a new game in development.
Our client, a AAA gaming studio in San Ramon, is looking for a Director of Product Development to manage a new game in development. The Director of Product Development should have experience launching or managing a successful live service game. This person will work closely with and provide direction to Game Designers, Data Analysts, Producers, and Engineers
- Drive, motivate and support development and content planning to ensure team delivers on-schedule milestones, worldwide launch and subsequent major feature releases.
- Defines and drives internal schedules and public releases from the top down ensuring predictability in hitting milestone dates
- Partner with key business stakeholders including publishing, operations, marketing, quality assurance and customer service.
- Identify and communicate roadblocks and bottlenecks that may prevent the team from achieving their goals.
- Be an excellent communicator across the team, with fellow leads, and to studio and executive management.
- Understand our business goals, and shepherd the game through greenlight gates to launch
- Manages/drives external 3rd party studios
- Works closely with internal team and recruiting for all hiring needs across our studio
- Motivate and support the team to ensure that project goals, objectives, milestones, and deliverables are achieved.
- Identify and Innovate process improvements where necessary.
- Proactively do whatever is necessary to provide value to your studio
- Be a team ambassador for the studio's culture.
- 10+ years of game production/Development Management experience, specifically on a development team.
- Senior level leadership experience in the development, commercial launch and live operations of live service games
- Prior history of directly managing other team members.
- Great communications skills (written and verbal).
- Enjoys working in a collaborative, agile team.
- An affinity for working with creative individuals.
- Motivated and can work independently with minimal supervision.
- Direct experience with JIRA and Perforce, or comparable alternatives.